Wednesday, December 21, 2011

OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS (Or: The Hobbit is coming out!)

Exciting news! (OH how this news is exciting!)

The trailer for The Hobbit is out! I have nothing but high hopes and great things to say about this movie. It's directed by the same person who was in charge of the Lord of the Rings, and it's The Hobbit!

Secretly--or, not so secretly now--The Hobbit was always my favorite Tolkien book. You can keep your Two Towers and your Return of the King, but The Hobbit is mine. My... precious.

(Actually, fun fact, I can recite the opening paragraph of The Hobbit from memory. It remains one of my favorite openings in all of book-dom.)

Anyway, you can watch the trailer on Youtube by clicking on this statement. Otherwise, you can check almost every entertainment/book-oriented blog on the whole of the internet.

--KELLER

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the trailer. It will be interesting to see how Jackson interweaves the narrative from the book with the story line his writing team is adding for the movie (the White Council's attack on Dol Guldur--mentioned briefly in 'The Hobbit' and in Appendices, notes, etc.) I will also be keen to see if Jackson maintains the lighthearted nature of 'The Hobbit' or turns it into a darker scree (I bet on the latter). Either way, I hope the movie is good; I would be really disappointed to have to sit through a sub-par 'Hobbit' movie, especially given my love for the book.

    ReplyDelete