Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I read a large variety of books. I love getting lost in fiction and I love an interesting biography or memoir. But there's the occasional need for a book that will make me laugh out loud. You know those moments when your are in a reading funk or you have had a long day and don't want to immerse yourself in another story? I have found an author that no matter what my mood I can pick up her books and laugh my pants off. I have re-read one of her books probably 4 times. I even subject my friends and family to listening to me reading the books out loud (which takes a while since I am usually laughing hysterically). The author is Laurie Notaro. She is a humor writer for a paper in Phoenix. My favorite book is The Idiot Girl's Action Adventure Guide. But it's a close tie for all the other books, We Thought You'd Be Prettier, Autobiography of a Fat Bride and the most recently published The Idiot Girl and the Flaming Tantrum of Death. I think she has a couple more out there but I have yet to read them ( I am hunting them all down and ordering them I think though! ). Bottom line, you will laugh your socks off in any of her books. Please come in and check out at least one (on my pick shelf!) and keep it around for those moments that you need a little lift!

No comments:

Post a Comment