So I promised last week that I'd post on the ways that we try to save our customers money at Old Firehouse Books. We've got a lot going on with that, actually.
1. You can trade books in! We've tried to simplify this system, but it still sometimes confuses people. If we can take your books, we give you half of what the book will sell for in the store. You can use your credit to take half off the price of used books and 10% off of new books. For more detail, you can visit our website. One project of mine is to refine and clarify our trade policy.
2. You can get 20% off of your book club books if you register your selections with us. We love to know what our book clubs are reading!
3. Every time you spend money with us (if you have an account), you earn money back. After you spend $100, you get $5 back to use on whatever you'd like in the store. You keep getting money back as long as you keep shopping here!
4. Students with ID get 10% off of new books too.
5. Go to our website and look up "Ways to Save." You can print off a coupon for 20% off a new book or $2 off a used book.
6. If you buy a Be Local coupon book, we've got coupons in there too.
7. Students who need IB books or AP books get 15% off of those books.
We are planning on starting teacher discounts, too. So we have a pretty good list of ways to save. We can't stack the discounts, because we've got to stay in business, but we really want to reward our customers for shopping here. We know that it's a choice you make, not to go cheapest of the cheap, so we like to make that choice a bit easier for you.