Friday, October 23, 2009

Books you can't put down

Have you ever found a book or book series even that you can't put down? That not only grabs your interest but also makes you invest something of yourself in it's characters? I fall prey to this easily, I often read and become so involved in a book I am literally living it out in my head. It's one reason I read so fast and so much- I have a hard time just reading a little bit out of a book, once I start I really have to finish it in order to return to my normal life! Otherwise I am walking around with a funny feeling like part of me is still in the book's world. Growing up my mom always told me to take some time after finishing a book or putting one down to be by myself. In other words, I was kinda cranky about coming back to reality and she didn't want to deal with it! I am not as bad as I used to be about it but I did want to share a couple of really good books and series that have captured me and let me live in their reality for a while. Because, who doesn't occasionally need to escape and go live in a book?

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

The Chronicles of Narnia (the whole series, even as an adult they will capture you)

The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry

The Shack by William P. Young

The Indigo Notebook by Laura Resau

Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris (currently in this series and it's fantastic!)

And I am a little embarassed to admit this but... Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyers (I couldn't put them down!)

I encourage everyone to read one of these books if you haven't already and see if I am right! Also, I would love to know what books you have read that capture you-feel free to leave a comment! Now go read some books!

No comments:

Post a Comment