Saturday, October 10, 2009

Well the snow has come early this year and you all know what that means!
It's time to curl up with a good book under your covers and ditch out on all your other obligations.
Some cold-weather reading I suggest:
The Curious Incident of the Dog at Night-Time by Mark Haddon


It's been a while since I've read this book but from what I remember, it's a compassionate, logical account of a kid with autism. Like, I said it's been a while but the book has stuck with me for years not and I have to suggest it. You'll love the characters and the story.

A series of fire and ice by George R. R. Martin
which starts with the book A Game of Thrones


I know I constantly rave about this series but I tore through it and it is very dear to me! Now would be a fabulous time to read it because "Winter is coming." Hahahaha
- oh, you don't get the reference? Read the books! Not only are they a killer series with rich characters and situations, but HBO is shooting the pilot to make it into a show. You can follow the fanfare HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment