Friday, February 26, 2010

It's been a while...

I realized today that the reason I haven't hopped on to blog lately is the sad lack of books in my life. Not that I don't work around lots of books 24/7, what's really lacking is the actual reading of the books. With school taking over any free time I have outside of work (contrary to popular belief I don't spend all my time reading at work!) I haven't had a spare minute to pick up a book that's not required reading...
One reason I was thinking of what I have read recently is that I have a staff meeting coming up soon and one thing that we do at every meeting is review books being read! Egads! I haven't read anything! (facebook posts don't count, nor do school books!) And now I am trying to figure out, what's the balance between school, work, and pleasure?! I miss my old friends, books are such a comfort and happy escape for me. I love to find a story and learn about someone else's life, I enjoy living in someone else's world, and most of all, I just love turning the page and reading some more!
I am resolved to read more and the books I want to start with: The Art of Eating In, Left to Tell, and I really need to find a good, gripping classic! That is such a small list for a big reader like myself but I have to admit, it's daunting to even think about it with all the school work I have!
Wish me luck! I hope the same for you, let's all agree to read more! And if you have any recommendations- I would love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! And I forgot to mention that I really am hoping to read Marry Him by Lori Gottlieb. It looks really interesting and maybe spot on in some things! But I will have to read it to really give you a review!

    ReplyDelete