Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Guest Review: Sure Signs of Crazy

Greetings, Bloggers!

Here at the Firehouse we have an awesome volunteer named Chloe.  She does it all!  Shelve books, make signs, set up displays, and that's just the beginning!   She helped out the book store with another of her skills today, and that is the skill of writing!  Check out her review of the upcoming book by Karen Harrington called Sure Signs of Crazy.  It's coming out to the public on 08/20/2013 so get excited!

 




Sure Signs of Crazy

The first thing I thought when I read this book’s title was a crazy person was going to try to kill someone (which happens...). Twelve year old Sarah now lives in a small Texas town with her dad as they try to cope with life after the “incident”.  When Sarah was two her mother drowned her and her twin brother. Luckily Sarah survived. Sarah and her dad are forced to move to a different town every time their true identities are found. She finds this hard to deal with and confides in a plant named “plant”. I think this was a really good book and I would recommend it for 12-15 year olds who enjoyed Everything On a Waffle by Polly Horvath

-Chloe


6 comments:

  1. Chloe -

    I'm so happy that you enjoyed SURE SIGNS OF CRAZY. Thanks for a nice review! Also, I love your name. That is my daughter's name, too.

    All the best,

    K. Harrington

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the sure signs of crazy. It’s really incredible. Please share post on old signs also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Vintage Sign. Where would you like us to share the post? I'd be happy to post a link.

      Delete
  4. Wow – what engages a reader most? Voice, voice, voice. This book from author Karen Harrington had me laughing, crying and rooting for the precocious Sarah Nelson.

    Marlene
    Info site for Bear Viewing

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderfully written story that respects the intelligence of its readers (aimed at 10-12 year olds, I believe) and is not afraid to cast light on the darker side of life. Sarah reminds me of Harriet the Spy, one of my childhood literary heroes. A sensitive, engaging book.

    Mariz
    Great data for SEO Seattle info

    ReplyDelete