Tuesday, March 10, 2009

White Witch, Black Curse by Kim Harrison

Kim Harrison's White Witch, Black Curse is a thoroughly satisfying read. Let's face it; Rachel's life is anything but boring! She has helped weres, elves, vamps, and gargoyles, this time even demons, banshees, and ghosts, thus getting herself shunned as a black witch. And what a fascinating ride it is! I sometimes wonder how long Harrison can continue with Rachel and her "friends" without losing me as a reader; yet once again, she pulls me in with her characters and their lives, loves, and liabilities exquisitely. This intricately convoluted story weaves together loose ends from previous novels in the series while bringing back a unique thread I had forgotten about. This time she even gives her readers a satisfyingly happy ending--though not The Ending. Yes, I recommend this read and am once again anxiously awaiting the next in the series, knowing it won't come soon enough for me.

- Sandy Turk, The Book Rack/Old Firehouse Books customer since 2001 (or maybe earlier, either way, she's a regular)

No comments:

Post a Comment